Tuesday 4 January 2011

The Bell Has Rung For The Last Lap...

So here we go again, New Year, same as the old year.  For the next three weeks at least. 
January 24 is the date of my final two exams.  The date of my final day at 111 Piccadilly.
That thought fills me with dread and now I am fully beginning to appreciate the beauty and generosity of having my old job to go back to in February.

But, god willing and all fingers and toes crossed I will hopefully be fully NCTJ qualified by then and be ready to unleash my talents on the huge pool of jobs out there.  Ok, tiny pool. Fountain. Well. Pond. Stream. Puddle….a brief sojourn back in Bradford does have some appeal though - measured primarily in £s!

It was about this time last year that I made the decision that 2010 would be the year I embarked on the NCTJ fast track course.  And now here I am, about to complete.  The pre Christmas stress of exams and portfolio are out the window, and are replaced with the slightly less stressful sport and court reporting modules.

I am still nervously checking the members section of the NCTJ site waiting for them to update the exam results – until then I’m still not convinced I’ve passed Law or PA.   Maybe that’s just me?  Reporting results also seem to be taking forever to come through, and I’m not sure what Richard’s thoughts on my portfolio will be.  Cutting and sticking was never my strong point!

Christmas passed by in a haze of eating, drinking, football and fireworks and thoughts of work did not figure very highly.  Now as the return of the snow reminds us that we are still in the depths of Winter, so the dreaded words “court reporting mock” remind me that there is still a long way to go yet.

Like a lower league football team,  leading at half time against a Premier league team in the FA Cup (January 3rd, Remember the date…) it’s worth remembering that the job is still only half complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment