Saturday 4 December 2010

Exams!!!

And so it is, looming large - the week of exams that will go a long way to determining whether or not I leave News Associates in January with my full complement of qualifications.
To be honest, it's the bit I've always dreaded.  After two attempts at Law and at PA when at university, I somehow had some kind of magical belief that things would be different this time. 
As it stands, I'm not sure they are.
I've currently failed both Law 'mocks' - although 47% last week gives me hope, if I can't somehow dredge up an extra 3% by Monday then, really, do I deserve to pass?

As for PA, I don't know what's going to happen there. I don't think many people in the class do either.  I don't think it's just me, that finds it rather strange that 4 days before the exam we're still covering the syllabus - I wonder if Libraries and the Police Force will come up as a question?
Yes, I know my politics, and as someone pointed out on Thursday if there was a Labour-Party module, or an anti-Tory-party module I'd probably ace it at 100%.
But unfortunately, even knowing that inside out will only get me 40 out of a possible 200 marks.

As for reporting, that will be down to how I do 'on the day' as they say. I know I can write, I know I can report.  I've been reporting since I was ten, and I passed the news writing exams before.  It's just a case of being uber-careful and playing 'a straight bat' as JT put it.
I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of the argument I got myself into in last week's 'mock reporting' exam but safe to say, I've yet to see a 70%+ answer.

Anyway, wish me luck.  Guess I'd better not miss church this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment